Few days ago I wrote How can you apply Wallpaper Clock in your Ubuntu. One of my friend asked me how can we run Mac and Windows Xp, 7 Softwares, Flash games on our Ubuntu and Other Linux like Red Hat, Fedora etc. Now i am writing how can we run Mac and Windows Xp, 7 Softwares, Flash games on our Ubuntu and Other Linux like Red Hat, Fedora etc. Using Wine we can run all types of soft on our Ubuntu and Other Linux like Red Hat, Fedora.What is Wine?
Wine is a free software application that aims to allow computer programs written forMicrosoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems. Wine also provides a software library, known as Winelib, against which developers can compile Windows applications to help port them to Unix-like systems. Win is not an emulator.
1. 1st of all go to wine official website http://www.winehq.org/
Now click on download Option
2. Now click on Download Ubuntu package>
3. Now by clicking Wine 1.2 packag install it>
4. Now in your Ubuntu A virtual drive will create. Applications > Wine > Programs > Browse C:\Drive
5. Now go the properties of the soft which one you want to install and enable Allow executing file as a program
6. Now right click on the windows soft and open with Wine. And Install as like as windows soft.
7. when you go location Applications > Wine > Programs > you will see your installed soft there
8. If you want to Uninstall the soft just Go Applications > Wine > Uninstall Wine Software and remove it
Now enjoy Windows Soft